March 4, 2017 / Events
Our November field trip is a 10-mile hike along the Appalachian Trail. Starting in Harper’s Ferry, WV, we will hike aprox. 10 miles to Gathland State Park, MD. At Gathland, cadets will be provided a free picnic style lunch. Before signing up, ensure that you are physically (and mentally) prepared for this hike. Though their is only one significant 1/2 mile hill, the rest is flat to rolling ridge line. Appropriate clothing, shoes, hydration and attitude are a must.
Please complete the attached permission form and return to Chief. The first 40 are guaranteed a spot, while the rest will be added to a waiting list if we get an additional 25. Please contact Chief Rodrigues with any questions or concerns.
App Trail Permission 2017
January 30, 2017 / Events
All NJROTC cadets are welcome to join us for an orientation trip to the Gettysburg museum and battlefield on Thursday, February 23rd. This trip will include museum admission, an orientation movie and a 2-hour guided tour of the battlefields.
Departure Time: 0800 Approximate Return Time: 1400
- Cost: $0.00 (Bring a bag lunch or money for food at museum)
- ALL cadet forms (school physical, health risk questionnaire and waiver) and $25 unit maintenance fee must be submitted.
- Cadets should wear clothing appropriate for the weather as we will have frequent stops along the battlefield tour. Uniform NOT required.
- Muster at 0730 inside of the NJROTC classroom at T.J.
- The first 42 cadets to return the below permission form (hand deliver or e-mail) to Chief Rodrigues will be added to the list. If we have enough to fill a second bus (minimum of 25), one will be reserved. 84 total seats available for this trip.
- Deadline to register: Thursday, February 9th by 1430.
Permission form: Gettysburg permission 2017
Please remember that these forms must be signed by a parent and all block teachers.
If you have any questions, please contact Chief Rodrigues by phone or e-mail.
September 13, 2016 / Events
We are happy to announce our first field trip for the 2016-2017 school year. We will be taking a bus for a full day campus tour of the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. While in semester students have received the permission slip in class, ALL cadets both in and out of semester are eligible to join us. Read the permission form carefully and provide the forms with teacher/parent signatures and the fee to reserve your spot on the bus.
If out of semester, please download and print the attached permission slip below.
- All NJROTC field trips both leave and return from Governor Thomas Johnson High School.
- This trip departs T.J. at 0640
- Cadets that have not been issued a uniform ARE ELIGIBLE to participate
- You must have completed ALL unit paperwork (physical, health risk questionnaire, waiver) and payed the unit maintenance fee of $25.00
- Checks should be made out to, “PATRIOT NJROTC”
Please contact Chief Rodrigues or LtCol Lyon with any questions about the trip.